- The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775 – you’ve had 234 years to get it right - it’s broke.
- Social Security was established in 1935 – you’ve had 74 years to get it right - it’s broke.
- Fannie Mae was established in 1938 – you’ve had 71 years to get it right - it’s broke.
- The “War on Poverty” started in 1964 – you’ve had 45 years to get it right. $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor” - it hasn’t worked and our entire country is broke.
- Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965 – you’ve had 44 years to get it right - they’re both broke.
- Freddie Mac was established in 1970 – you’ve had 39 years to get it right - it’s broke.
- Trillions of dollars were spent in the massive political payoffs called TARP, the “Stimulus”, the Omnibus Appropriations Act of 2009…. none show any signs of working, although ACORN appears to have found a new source - the American taxpayer.
- To set a new record: “Cash for Clunkers” was established in 2009 and went broke in 2009! It took cars (that were the best some people could afford) and replaced them with high-priced and less-affordable cars, mostly Japanese. A good percentage of the profits went out of the country.
- And the American taxpayers take the hit for Congress’ generosity in burning three billion more of our dollars on failed experiments.
Tag: Social Security
I was informed of an article today that has me absolutely shocked at what this Administration is now attempting. With the help of Timothy Geithner, it appears a proposal is being put together to seize 401(k)s for the purpose of bailing out failed pension plans. So you would be expected to give up your hard-earned and self-invested 401(k) plan in order to help those who are unable to make contractual commitments in the form of pensions. They’ve already failed with Social Security, so now they’re going to STEAL from people to help cover failed business practices. I would call that “yet another bailout” and it’s only fitting that Timothy Geithner would have a part in it.
Once again, this administration is redistributing wealth and will continue to force through anything they can until they lose the majority in November.