- I will vote only within the guidelines of the U.S. Constitution and Michigan Constitution as my oath states.
- I will vote in favor of preserving Liberty, not restricting it by government intervention. Our government has been consistently usurping our rights by violating the Constitution and the Rule of Law. We all must take a stand for Liberty.
- I will vote in favor free market principles, I will not choose winners and losers. For example, the government shouldn’t be in the business of giving “tax incentives” or grants to some businesses and not other businesses based on who the government feels is deserving of the incentives or grants. That should be up to the free market to decide, not the government.
- I will not vote in favor of increasing taxes for anyone, I will vote in favor of reducing taxes for everyone. Taxes only prop up the large government that continues to interfere with our daily lives and spend us into oblivion. If the government can’t afford to stay large with tax cuts, then the government can learn to live within their means. Shed debt and find ways to save money by removing wasteful spending like the rest of us.
- If adequate time is not given to read a bill, I will vote it down. Some bills are introduced literally seconds before it is voted on. Besides, if a bill is that good, people wouldn’t mind if you took the time to read it rather than rush it through the legislative process.
Paid for by the Committee To Elect Chad Dewey, 5044 Seven Mile, Bay City, MI 48706